8.28.2008

The Travelling Circus....

The travelling circus.... that's what it feels like right now - but in a good way. I'm on my first family holiday with my better half and our 6-week-old baby boy, Little D. It feels awesome to be away. The moment we get back it's time to pack and start moving house; something which I have done far too many times to find exciting anymore. Still with the experience at hand it only takes us 2 minutes to pack up and ship out!

Well what can I tell you about my trip. Not much actually... We're in Karlstad at the moment, which is a nice little town in the middle of Sweden somewhere. It seems to be a nice place to visit, and since my better half is studying at the university here, I guess we'll be back again and again and again... So of course I signed up for the bonus card system at the hotel. Apparently if I come here 1 million times I get a free newspaper!

But the trip over was good, just a pity (in my opinion) that Swedes don't seem to know how to drive. Which is strange since it costs them an average of 1,500 euro, where as back home it only costs 150 euro and we have no snow. The best part is when someone tries to cut you off and you give them the finger - haha they have no idea how to react except to give you a dirty look!
...Oh well maybe they are the good drivers and I'm terrible.

So tomorrow it's of to Stockholm, that's right ladies and gents it's time for the biannual bilateral Ikea visit! It's also one of the joys of moving house - finding out that none of your funiture matches (not even the knives and forks) and having to go off to buy a new set 'just to fit'. AND this time 'Lucky Jay' not only gets to put together 1000 pieces of funiture and then sit there for an hour wondering where the extra screw goes. This time I even get to put a whole new kitchen together! Woobloodyhoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha anyway, I should stop being so cynical I guess. I'm on holidays for a few days, my baby boy just started to giggle and smile, and life in general is excellent at the moment.

So... I hope you're all still lisetening to The Breakfast Club on Wisby FM (http://www.wisbyfm.se/) with me? I pre-recorded 9 hours worth of stuff for the three days I'm away, so hopefully at least a few 1000 people are tuning in and finding it ironic that even when I pre-record I still make a fool of myself ;-)

Oh... and if you are wondering if we have heard anything from Gotlands Kommun (council) ???The answer is 'No'.... but we're still crossing those fingers, holding the thumbs and waiting...


ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey J.......when do we get to see a pic of baby little D? Is he as cute as you are/were as a baby?
As for that extra Ikea screw.....just swallow it....nobody will ever notice.