8.20.2008

And so we try... Kommunen (Part 2)

How did we go with Gotlands Kommun (council) you ask?

Well it didn't go good or bad... In other words we didn't get a yes or a no. Instead we got advice.

Ahh good old advice, its great to get, but sadly doesn't pay the bills. This was the third department of the Kommun we have spoken to, and it seems now that we will take contact with a forth.

It's funny though, each time we meet we get a response of "Great project, great idea but it's not our department that can help - it is this one...."

I wonder if we will have a moment of Zen, when we end up at the department we started with and the circle becomes complete.

It seems strange to me that they don't jump on the idea saying "This is fantastic, this is unique, this is a great idea for the youth of Gotland! We want to be involved, we must be involved!"

But as I said it didn't go badly either. We are to have another meeting in a week or two where we will present our papers and see if there is anything we can do together. So once again fingers crossed.

Oh well as I pointed out yesterday another project here on Gotland has so far received 66million kronor - I repeat 66million! and now even though the project was unsuccessful they will receive a further 2 years of financial support. Did I make the point yesterday that with that budget we could run for the next 44years??

I think I did, but sometimes it is good to repeat things.
.

No comments: