11.27.2009

Thanksgiving - Australian Style



By David Southwell - news.com.au


1.I’m thankful that when I turn on the news at night it is to hear who won the day’s cricket or footy, not which faction won the day’s street fighting.

2.I’m thankful for the feeling of water from a free shower trickling the sand out of my hair as I look out over a wide, white and blue water beach.

3. I’m thankful that for much of the country a harsh winter means wearing long socks with shorts.

4. I’m thankful that when I expressed amazement at the price of an ice cream at the cinema the guy behind the counter flatly replied: “Yeah, it is rip-off.”

5. I’m thankful that much of the world switches to English when I am around but generally don’t see me as a representative of an imperial bully, except of course for New Zealanders.

6. I’m thankful that quite a number of people can own larges patches of vegetation around their houses but more thankful, especially on mower-free Saturdays, that I don’t.

7. I’m thankful when the seductive tones of the SBS announcer tell me that the following program contains sex scenes and nudity.

8. I’m thankful that the winners and runners-up of singing popularity contest Australian Idol include a mix of people from diverse backgrounds such as Aboriginal, Asian, Maori, Irish, Italian and Bogan. How is Shannon Noll doing nowadays?

9. I’m thankful that Big Brother finished here before it did in the UK and other countries.

10. I’m thankful that Big Brother once outrated Parliamentary Question Time when every housemate was asleep. For the reason I am thankful for that see reason number one.

www.wisbyfm.se

3 comments:

ML said...

Very clever & ha ha ha but guess you'd have to be Aussie to understand the humor. So funny.
Well done J.

Anonymous said...

Love the Roo.....he's so cool.
What's his drop? VB, Toothys, Hahn or maybe a black?
Question: us Aussies are all laid back....was the Roo always laid back also or did we learn from him. Really the question is....what came first, as in the chicken or the egg.... Man or Roo?
Question: who laid back first?
We, as a nation, need to know!

Anonymous said...

What's Roos first name? Kanga?